Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eclair Cake


I would probably be willing to sell a kidney for a piece of this stuff. I've had this recipe since I was in high school but I had forgotten about it until Chad asked me to make it for Easter. I am so very glad to have it back in my life. :)

Here's what you will need:
2 small packages french vanilla pudding
3 c. milk
8 oz. cool whip
graham crackers

Frosting:
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 T. butter
2 T. Karo syrup
1 T. vanilla
3 T. milk
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Line bottom of a 9x13 pan with graham crackers.

Mix pudding, milk, and cool whip and pour a layer over the graham crackers.

Repeat layers ending with graham crackers on top. I use a knife and cut the edges of the graham crackers to fit my pan.


For the frosting heat butter in a pan on med. heat. Add other ingredients and whisk so that there are no lumps. Pour over top of cake and spread evenly.

Refrigerate 6 hours or over night (the longer the better.) Do not cover.

If you want to get all fancy schmancy you can add some flowers with frosting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I LOVE this one!! It is absolutely one of my favorite desserts ever! Thanks for introducing us!:)

    ReplyDelete