Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Brownies with mint frosting



This is my mother in law's brownie recipe and my mint frosting recipe and the two combined are FABULOUS! I am kind of on a diet right now (not the kind of diet most people think of- I am just trying to eat 1 cookie a day as opposed to my usual 12) and these brownies were just way too tempting. Mint and chocolate are my favorite combo so I had to give in a little, but it was so worth it.

Here's what you will need:
Brownies:
2/3 c. butter
3/4 c. cocoa
4 T. oil
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2/3 tsp. salt
1 c. flour
2 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter and whisk in chocolate. Add remaining ingredients.

Pour into a greased
9x13 pan.

Bake @ 350* for 25 minutes and let cool.

Frosting:
3/4 c. butter, room temp.
3- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1 T. heavy cream
green food coloring

Beat with egg beaters until creamy. Add powdered sugar until you have reached the right consistency. Add milk if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment