Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Very Very Best Guacamole


You may think I am exaggerating but Really really I'm not. This is the best guac EvEr! and it's really easy. My BFF, Kally taught me how to make this guacamole years ago. It's one of those recipes that is supposed to be a side dish but it's so friggin' good that I sometimes make it for dinner and then eat WaY too much. Oh- it's good.

Here's what you will need:
(This recipe is enough for a group of people but can be trimmed down if you are making it for yourself. Also,just make it how you like it- if you hate tomatoes, leave them out etc.)

5 ripe avocados
1-2 Roma tomatoes
1/4 of a large onion
1/2 c. shredded cheese
garlic salt
salt

Mash avocados with a fork (you can put them in a blender but I like it a little chunky so that's why I do i with a fork.)



Dice tomatoes and onion and add them in along with the cheese. Add garlic sat and salt to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Melinda...I love this guacamole!! I look forward to it every summer at retreat!! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete