Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ebilskivers


When I was growing up, it was tradition to go over to my uncle's House for Ebilskivers on Christmas or Christmas Eve. Now that we have all grown up, this is no longer possible. I LOVE Ebilskivers and so do my kids. Chad always has to work on conference weekend and it is very difficult to get the kids excited, so a few years ago I made Ebilskivers for conferencein an attempt to make it fun and memorable. and it is now tradition. They are kind of like donut holes, but they are lighter and fluffier like a pancake. Heavenly!
Here's what you will need:
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs (separated)
1 3/4 c. buttermilk ( I use regular milk and they turn out just fine)

Place flour, baking powder, sugar,and salt in a bowl. add buttermilk and egg yolks one at a time. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter. Place pan on stove and turn to med-low heat. Fill hot, well greased Ebilskiver pans to half full.

Turn after about 3-4 min.

Dip them in cinnamon and sugar, powdered sugar, jam, or syrup.
(You have to have an Ebilskiver pan for this recipe. A few years ago I asked my Mom for one for Christmas. She searched and searched but couldn't find one so she gave me her pan. Later she found a pan at Sur le Table. I think they can also be found at William Sonoma. Well worth the $15 or $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment