Tuesday, April 26, 2011

California Rice and Wheat


Here is another wheat dish. It tastes alot like funeral potatoes but in rice form.

Here's what you will need:
2 c. cooked rice
12 oz. sour cream
1/2 onion chopped
1 c. cooked cracked wheat
1 large can diced green chilies
1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
olive oil

Cook wheat in a crock pot on low over night. Saute onions in olive oil until tender and golden. Add remaining ingredients and stir until blended. Bake uncovered at 350* for 40 min. until sides are bubbly. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I tried this one a couple weeks ago and I have a small suggestion for anyone else who might give this one a shot. It's good with white rice. Do NOT try and "healthy" this one up with brown rice. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have used brown rice but I was out so I didn't and it sounds like it's a good thing. Thanks for the tip Linds!

    ReplyDelete