Friday, April 15, 2011

Winger Salad


This is seriously the best salad ever! I could eat it every day. It's perfect for a summer B-B-Q, especially if you add some fresh strawberries to it. MMM-MMMM-MMMMM!

Here's what you will need:
1 head red leaf lettuce (I actually use spinach because I like it better, but they are both good)
1 can mandarine oranges
Craisins, to taste
Slivered almonds, to taste
Dressing:
3/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. red onion
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
Blend dressing ingredients in the blender until smooth (onions should not be chunky) and then add 1-2 tsp. poppyseeds

I like to toast the slivered almonds in the oven with a little Pam spray and sugar, but be careful because they burn very easily. I burned mine the night I made the salad in the picture so I just used some crushed walnuts and it was still great. The recipe for the dressing kind of makes a lot so I just half the recipe for 1 salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment