Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Aloha Shoyu Carne Asada

This is my sister-in-law Candy's recipe and it it amazing and really in-expensive. I bought the carne asada from Winco for about $8.50 but there was enough meat to freeze half for another meal. The Aloha Shoyu sauce was $2.50 and has enough sauce to make his marinade 3 times, and the rest of the ingredients are things I always have in my kitchen. Altogether, with a vegetable, rolls, meat and a little side pasta this meal only costs about $7.00 to feed my family of 6. Way cheap! Not to mention incredibly easy.
Here's what you'll need:

1/2 c. water
1 c. Aloha Shoyu Sauce (found near the soy sauce at the grocery store)
1 c. sugar
3 T. fresh minced garlic
2 T. ginger

Marinate for a few hours and grill.



1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy. I'm going to put it on my menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete